Can I sell, view, or buy a house during the COVID-19 pandemic? It’s a question plenty of people are asking, so let’s go for it and provide you with the answers and insight you need.
Keeping our customers and partners safe is every bit as important as making their house-moving dreams come true and with class leading people, technology and systems at our fingertips we can help people build dreams in a safe and sensible way.
Marketing Your Home
Buyers want to buy, however you may be a little apprehensive? So, to ease your concerns we have put together some options to safeguard you and your nearest and dearest.
Remote Valuations – Skilled, approachable people with class-leading tools and technology give us all of the ammunition to get you moving. Starting with a telephone or video call, we’re confident we can uncover the important things about you and your home, you’ll also get the chance to know the person you will be working with.
Next step is for us to go and do some fact finding and research, once that’s done, we’ll confirm our thoughts and advice to you in a simple, uncomplicated way. When you’ve made the decision to work with us then we can plan how and when we can take photographs and measurements whilst keeping everyone safe.
Face to Face Valuations – by following the process of social distancing and by wearing PPE, we can meet in your home and get a first-hand feel for you and what’s important to you?
Moving home is a big part of people’s lives, so we’ve come up with a selection of ideas to help viewings to go ahead in a safe and sensible way and they include:
Before you visit
: Research the property and area from your sofa via the online portals, agents website Google Maps/Earth and or a drive by
: Take advantage of virtual tours and insight videos
: Speak to the agent or seller via Facetime, Zoom or WhatsApp to see the layout of the property without having to leave your sofa?
These simple steps prevent unnecessary travel and minimises the need for physical viewings to only the most suitable homes. Once short lists have been formed it’s time to walk through some doors!
Before viewings take place there are a few things to consider:
- Have you shown any symptoms of Covid-19 (please do not be offended by agents asking and checking that this is the case, better to be safe than sorry)
- PPE such as masks and gloves are advised (please be aware that these will NOT be provided by the agent or seller and therefore you should take your own and dispose of them afterwards)
- Only buyers from the same household to intend viewings and only the intended buyers.
- Social distancing measures to be applied at all times
- Doors to be opened in advance to avoid unnecessary contact with any surface
- Hand cleaning products to be made available on entry and exit with separate towels or disposable paper towels
- Surfaces to be wiped down with normal household cleaning products
By using the right balance of technology, people and sensible precautions, we’re pretty confident we can help people make important life changing journeys and look forward to helping you make yours.
Thanks for thinking of us and continue to keep safe and well.
For more information visit the UK government website for advice on moving house during the Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak.