- Terms of website use
- Other applicable terms
If you register as a landlord, vendor, prospective buyer or tenant on Our Website, our Terms of Business will apply to you.
When you purchase services on Our Website, certain elements of the services will be provided by us and certain elements of the services will be provided to you by local estate agents (see our Terms of Business for more information). Therefore:
- If according to our Terms of Business, we are responsible for providing a particular element of the services to you (the “EasyProperty Services”), then our Terms of Business shall apply to the provision of such EasyProperty Services
- If according to our Terms of Business, your local estate agent is responsible for providing a particular element of the services to you (the “Estate Agent Services”), then the Terms of Sale shall apply to the provision of such Estate Agent Services. You will enter into the Terms of Sale at the point of instruction (if you are a vendor or a landlord). At that point, a copy of the Terms of Sale will be available for you to review, which will include the details of your local agent (“Estate Agent”). It is important to note that by agreeing to the Terms of Sale, you are entering into a binding contract with the Estate Agent in question (not E-Prop Limited).
In addition, where services purchased on Our Website are to be provided by any third parties (other than the Estate Agent) (the “Third Party Services”), the provision of such services shall be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of the relevant third party (which will be notified to you via the easyProperty Platform before you place your order for the Third Party Services).
If you use Our Website as an Estate Agent, the terms of your licence agreement with us (the “Licence Agreement”) and our Terms of Service shall also apply to you.
- Information about us
Our Website is operated by us, E-Prop Limited, trading as ‘easyProperty’, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08328850 and our registered office is at Moorfoot House, Meridian Gate, 221 Marsh Wall, London E14 9FH, UK. Our registered VAT number is 258482275.
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS) and follow the TPO Code of Practice.
- Changes to Our Website
We may update Our Website and may change the content at any time. However, please note any of the content on Our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- Accessing Our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee Our Website, or any content on it, will be (a) always be available or be uninterrupted; or (b) free from errors or omissions. Access to Our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent content available on or through Our Website is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of Our Website or any service or product described on Our Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access Our Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not guarantee Our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access Our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Website, the server on which Our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Website. You must not attack Our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Website will cease immediately.
- Using Our Website
You may use Our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use Our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
- To transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Our Website;
- any equipment or network on which Our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our Website, including, without limitation your inbox, viewings calendar and offers (“Interactive Services”). The Interactive Services allow us and other users of the easyProperty Platform to contact and interact with you
Persons under the age of 18 should not use Our Website and/or the EasyProperty Platform. The use of any of the Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any Interactive Services however the Interactive Services are not moderated. We are under no obligation to screen, oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on Our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of our content standards (see below).
- Uploading content to Our Website
Whenever you make use of a feature which allows you to upload content to Our Website, generate your own content or to interact with other users of Our Website, you must comply with the content standards set out below.
- All of your contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- All of your contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or promote any illegal activity.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression the contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. You warrant any contribution made by you will comply with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to Our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of Our Website a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described below (see ‘Rights you licence’).
We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- Rights you licence
When you upload content onto the easyProperty Platform or otherwise contribute to Our Website, you grant the following licenses:
- You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your content in connection with Our Website or services provided via the easyProperty Platform or promotion of Our Website, the easyProperty Platform or our services provided via the easyProperty Platform.
- You grant third parties (for example, other users, our partners or advertisers) a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use your in accordance with the functionality of the Our Website.
By submitting or posting such content, you are representing you are its owner and/or have all necessary rights, licenses, and authorisation to use and distribute it in such a manner.
- Linking to Our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. However, you must not:
- establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- establish a link to Our Website in any website that is not owned by you;
- frame Our Website on any other site; nor
- create a link to any part of Our Website other than the home page.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
If you wish to make any use of content on Our Website other than as set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Third party links and resources in Our Website
Where Our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- No reliance on information
The content provided by us on Our Website (as opposed to content provided by the users of the easyProperty Platform) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the content we provide on Our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees (express or implied) the content on Our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
To list a property on the easyProperty Platform for sale or rent, the user must provide certain information in relation to that property. You acknowledge, accept and agree:
- we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or suitability of any of the information, content and/or other materials uploaded onto the easyProperty Platform or generated by users;
- we are unable to independently verify and/or confirm the accuracy of that information, content and/or materials;
- we do not accept any liability for any reliance placed on that information, content and/or materials; and
- it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself of the veracity, accuracy, completeness and suitability of any property descriptions and/or information on the easyProperty Platform; and
- we have no control over, do not guarantee and shall not be responsible for the quality, safety or legality of any properties listed on the easyProperty Platform.
You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Our Website.
The views expressed by other users on Our Website do not represent our views or values.
- Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on Our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Trade marks
EASYPROPERTY is a registered trade mark owned by .easyGroup Ltd, a UK registered company whose registered office is at 10 Ansdell Street, Kensington, London W8 5BN (registration number 4060333), and licensed by E-Prop.
- Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Our Website.
Please note we only provide Our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on Our Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products by us to you, which will be set out in either our Terms of Business, the Terms of Sale or the terms and conditions for the Third Party Services. If you are an Estate Agent using Our Website, the limitations and exclusions of liability arising as a result of the supply of any products by us to you are set out in the Terms of Service and the Licence Agreement.
- Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- Applicable law
- Contact us
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0333 055 0555 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or easyProperty, Unit 2, Orion Place, Orion Way, Kettering, Northants NN15 6PP.
Thank you for visiting Our Website.
Last updated: 24 January 2018.